Music, Style, Entertainment, Culture...

If you come to fame not understanding who you are, it will define who you are. -Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jay-Z Breaks Silence on Illumanati Rumors


Today Jay-Z went on the Angie Martinez show to promote his Blueprint 3 tour and while there he addressed the rumors of him a being  a member of a secret society  "The Illumanati" and a devil worshiper.
 For months conspiracy theorist have claimed and accused his music and videos to have hidden messages and symbols representing the Free Masons in "Run This Town and it got worse when "On To The Next" video was released.

" I don't know where it came from, I don't know where it started,” Jay-Z told Angie Martinez today. "No, not me. Never done that before. Why win the world would I do that? That’s retarded.”

The rapper gave some insight into his thoughts on religion, which can also be found in the song “Empire State of Mind.”

A line on “Empire State of Mind” added fuel to the fire when Jay-Z rapped: “Hail Mary to the city,/you're a virgin/And Jesus can't save you/life starts when the church ends”

"I believe in God, I believe in one God,” Jay-Z said of his religious background today. “I don't believe in religion. I think that separates people."

The rapper quipped that if he did belong to a secret organization, it has not helped him in terms of race and acceptance in general.

"I can't even get in a golf club in palms springs,‘ Jay-Z joked. “I'm from Marcy.”

As for the imagery in the “On To The Next One” video, Jay-Z admitted to making the video darker than usual.
"As far as how far people are talking it, I guess I'm an entertainer. I entertain. People make up their
own things and they run with it."



Well there you have it.. So please kill this rumor. 

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment